Thursday, October 2, 2008

Tidbits

It's interesting how things come and go. I mentioned that I got a new sub job that could work into more. Well I worked for 4 days... 4 long, exhausting, emotional days. I dont know if it was me not being used to working, the mental/physical stress of the job or a combination of both. On that 4th day, I was going to mention to my boss how taxing it was and that if the position became a permanent one, I probably wouldnt be applying for it and before I could, they came to me and said they couldnt get the district to pay for my subbing and they had to find someone internal who is already being paid to be there to do it. So I'm back at home for now, and I didnt have to burn any bridges in the process.

They did call with another offer for a different subbing position working in the Resource room with small groups. It's probably a 7-10 day job until they hire someone permanent. I could apply. I'm weighing my options on it. It's the room I worked in before so I know everyone there. But it's more hours than I originally wanted. More hours means more money, yes.. I get that, and that would be great. But I'm trying to consider other things in my life as well. I really enjoyed working for 3-4 hrs before, getting home before anyone else and having time to do the things I need/want to do around the house. I dont like getting up and rushing around to get everyone out the door, including me, working the school day and coming home with everyone in tow and rushing to get homework and dinner done before collapsing at night and starting all over again. And still feeling like nothing got done at home. I've always been a homemaker. My heart is here, my thoughts are here. I know that the day to day grind is sometimes the only option people have. I've always been fortunate enough to be here most of the time without having to work or only having to work part time. SO basically the options I'm weighing are how I feel about getting into more hours and how I'll be as a mom/wife. I dont want to be naggy, griping and grumpy just to make a few more dollars at the end of the month.

No comments: