Monday, October 13, 2008

A little work update

Today the school called about that subbing job. It took a while to get going because the girl who's leaving doesnt start at the new job until this Wednesday. They want me to start tomorrow to shadow her for a day so I know what I'm doing.
The job was posted for that position last week and I did apply. I weighed all the pros and cons and feel, at this time, it would be best for us financially and I am willing to commit to those hours through the end of the school year, then we'll reevaluate in June. The posting closes on Wednesday and I assume they will start on the interviews after that.
My dreaded fear.... the interview. I'm very self critical. I know everyone says this but I am one of those people that thinks of what I wanted to say WAY after I should've said it. And no matter how well I may do, I will rip apart the entire thing in my head for a couple of days after it. I'll think of all the ways I should have answered this question or that. It's annoying. I truly have anxiety whenever I think about it. I printed out sample interview questions for this line of work and have been writing things down so it's more commited to memory what I'd like to say. I feel it will help me keep the frame of mind I need.
The funny thing is, I know the people interviewing me, they were my bosses last year and very nice. This really shouldnt intimidate me at all, I think it's just that natural fear of public speaking and since I do know them, if I totally bomb and look like a fool, they are people I see on a weekly basis when I'm at the school for other things.. its not like I'm never going to see them again.
I'm rambing (as usual) but need to get these things out of my head. I just want the process to be over with.... yesterday!

No comments: