Monday, March 16, 2009

Weekend and Vacation Ramblings...

I'm so excited! Only 9 days until our Disney trip. I want to have a clean house when we leave so I dont come back from vacation and have to do a bunch of work. I expect to have laundry but the rest I'd rather ease into.

We had a pretty good time this past weekend. Saturday was a very busy day. Alex had a choir ensemble contest. It was 3 girls singing a beautiful song in another language. I need to ask her what language it was, it was very beautiful. They got a 1- for their score. A 1 is perfect and lets you qualify for State. I'm not sure they'll get there with the minus but it's still a great score and I guess I cant say it enough, they sang beautifully!

From there we headed over to a fundraiser for a coworker of Tony's. It was at a Glow mini-golf center. We had a good time, it was really neat in there. It was pretty weird seeing the fuzz on your shirt, that you didnt even know was there in regular light, show up like you just washed your sweater with a Kleenex! LOL.
There are three 18 hole courses inside. We had the time and sanity to do 2 of them. Tony and I bet each other for Holes in One. I got the first one.... and the second one..... oh yeah, and he didnt get ANY. So guess what? That's right, he's making dinner tonight! Woohoo. He even offered me a double or nothing bet after my first one but I was too scared I'd lose! I'm soooo not a gambler. =)

So from there, we had to get Jake to a swim/birthday party. All of these places were pretty far apart and not near home. We dropped Jake off and the 4 of us (Me, Tony, Alex and Sam) went to Red Robin for dinner. We still had time to kill before the party was over, so we walked around Borders for a while and picked up some new Calvin and Hobbes books.
So we finally made it home around 7:30. A very long Saturday for us. And thankfully Sunday was a stay-in-your-pajamas-and-dont-shower-until-2 kinda day.

Now, I'm trying to fight a cold. I'm actually doing ok keeping it on the mild side with Airborne and Zicam (probably just jinxed it now...). And I'm sort of glad I got it now, getting it over with before our trip. The kids all had colds last week and the week before. I'm really hoping this is from them and not something new that they will now get from me (just in time for the trip...).

Today I need start making my neurotic 'To Do' lists for this week and our trip. Plus my coffee grinder quit on me, so now I have to go out and find one of those, too. I had JUST enough ground coffee in my tub for half a pot. I have plenty of beans. Oh, and just so you know, a Kitchenaide food processor doesnt grind coffee beans.......

No comments: